Saturday, August 7, 2010

My 6 weeks journal...(Jurnal 6 minggu saya)

When i first started, my greatest fear was...the kids. I don't really like kids (or so I thought), so how am I going teach them? The thought of shouting and attending to their gugu gaga wears me out. Just the thought. So how the heck am I going to face them? 200++ days a year? That was my worries. 


I still remember, when asked..why did i choose to become a teacher, my answer was...'its the passion for the language'.  I love my years learning english and i want to share that with others.  When I told my sister about this, her replied was, 'it takes more that that Alang..more than that.  Just mark my words'. 


Now, I've been doing my practicum for almost  2 months.  Yes, she was right.  It takes more than that.  Passion for the language is nothing when you face 8 year old kids who dont even know how to spell LEFT.  Can u share your passion? Its a tough job.


Luckily, I've few new discovery (ies).  Self-discovery.  I just discovered that I do like kids.  Yes,kids. Not just my nieces and nephews.  But its not the same 'like', like everybody else does. Its different brand of like.  To know that they still cannot read at the age of 8, worries me.  To know that they still cannot differentiate between solat asar and subuh, scares me.  Somebody said to me that its good to have that..thats a real teacher thinking.  If you have that you can survive the teaching profession. I dont know.  


What I know is, in whatever profession you cant get involve too much.  The biggest mistake i made when i was a lawyer was, I got involve too much.  I even gave money to the defendant to buy breakfast.  I heard them when I was not suppose to.  That was when things got out of control.  I received call from the defendants more than my clients.  My staff even joke about this..'we are like legal aid bureau now'.  And the final straw was when my boss JOkE about that too..and believe me it sounded more like warning rather than a joke. Enough of that, back to my post.  So, can I survive this profession?  (for at least 5 years?)


I guess we just have to wait and see.  So I wish all the best to ME and also to my frens who are reading this.

3 comments:

patunghujan a.k.a cik teruterubozu said...

u will survive
try n error
org besar pn u leh handle
budak kecik???
boleh aje
my advice, dont let them draw on ur hands n feet.hahahahahha

Shu said...

thanks...and i wish the best for u too sis..

AxraZa said...

patungujan: org besar lain..u x yah suruh dorg dok diam.. hehe

siti suli: tq :)