Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tentang marah...

I've got my broadband activated few days ago. The good in not having an internet access for weeks is I now could live like a normal person. Normal; read...I watch tv and read newspaper more than I sit in front of the lappy like an IT pro. 

So, straight to my actual purpose of writing this entry. Please allow me to pick your brain. Which would you rather have or do, psychology or canning?

Someone said to me that I should be more stern and casually she/he put it to me that I was scared to punish my pupils. Which is true. Everyone is entitled to their own believe and opinion. So I'm cool about it. But I have my reason for not scolding my pupils. My words could be nasty. That's why. 

It so happen, I watched a hindi movie on TV3 this afternoon, and one of the lines that caught my attention the most was when the hero said, the Solomon islanders don't use axe to log. They yell and curse at the tree instead of chopping it down.  After constant yelling and cursing, the tree would die and wither away. I'm not sure how far its true. I gooled  but didn't find any reliable sources.

But, my point is that...even a tree could die because of constant yelling. It is believed, the yelling and cursing would kill the spirit of the tree. And one of the pages that I came across while googling for the Solomon-yelling thingy said, a plant that is exposed to sweet music would grow better than the plant that is kept in silence. Again, I am not sure how far its true but somehow I am sure it bears some weight. 

I'm not writing any further, all I know is we use more muscles when we are angry compared to laughing. Nanti cepat tua la kan kalau asyik marah, sebab muscles dah longgar. Hehe.

Note:  Please understand that whatever written here is the situation as of today. I do not know whether I still hold to this belief and approach after 15 years of teaching. May Allah have mercy on me.

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. 
I do not want to be a heartbreaker.

No comments: